Definition of fawn:
- A fawn color.
- A servile cringe or bow; mean flattery; sycophancy.
- A young deer; a buck or doe of the first year. See Buck.
- Of the color of a fawn; fawn- colored.
- The young of an animal; a whelp.
- To bring forth a fawn.
- To court favor by low cringing, frisking, etc., as a dog; to flatter meanly; - often followed by on or upon.
take in, brood, bullock, absorb, crouch, shrink, bluish, scrape, sop up, recoil, suck, quail, crawl, dun, flinch, truckle, slaver, azure, draw, black, cotton, cower, mouse, curry favor, baby, creep, huddle, kneel, calf, bow, amethyst, genuflect, funk, squinch, soak up, bootlick, blue, baby-blue, cringe, toady, cub, greyish brown, brownnose, curry favor, alabaster, cozy up, sidle up, sneak, court, foal, wince, colt, grovel, apple-polish, over, grayish brown, amber, suck up, take up, play up, avocado, chick, cotton up, shine up, imbibe, beige, stoop, dance attendance, kotow, filly, kowtow, fuss, pussyfoot.
- brown (part of speech: adjective)
- flatter (part of speech: verb)
- "The Air Trust", George Allan England.
- "On the Pampas", G. A. Henty.
- "Mopsa the Fairy", Jean Ingelow.