Definition of fear:
- A painful emotion or passion excited by the expectation of evil, or the apprehension of impending danger; apprehension; anxiety; solicitude; alarm; dread.
- A variant of Fere, a mate, a companion.
- Apprehension of incurring, or solicitude to avoid, God's wrath; the trembling and awful reverence felt toward the Supreme Belng.
- Respectful reverence for men of authority or worth.
- That which causes, or which is the object of, apprehension or alarm; source or occasion of terror; danger; dreadfulness.
- To affright; to terrify; to drive away or prevent approach of by fear.
- To be anxious or solicitous for.
- To be in apprehension of evil; to be afraid; to feel anxiety on account of some expected evil.
- To feel a painful apprehension of; to be afraid of; to consider or expect with emotion of alarm or solicitude.
- To have a reverential awe of; to solicitous to avoid the displeasure of.
- To suspect; to doubt.
sweat, forethought, fear and trembling, perturbation, misgiving, anxiousness, business organization, bravery, quake, nervosity, revulsion, menace, concern, devotion, abhorrence, charge, suspicion, cold feet, attention, care, consternation, maintenance, cultism, danger, trepidation, qualm, worry, boldness, hero-worship, doubt, business, reverence, dismay, vexation, presentiment, worship, agita, business concern, nervousness, intrepidity, despair, disquietude, dread, risk, threat, irresolution, bugbear, lose your nerve, live in fear (of), hazard, hesitation, awe, idolise, tutelage, scare, venerate, concernment, fright, gambling, aversion, guardianship, chill, lest, aid, fearfulness, horror, idolatry, tremor, courage, affright, idolize, tending, take fright, revere, quail, caution, stakes, uneasiness, upkeep, peril, phobia, unease, chicken out, headache, veneration, disquiet, precaution, panic, be/live in dread of, in order to prevent, have a horror of (doing) something, solicitude, business organisation, funk.
- emotion (part of speech: noun)
- fear (part of speech: noun)
- expectation (part of speech: noun)
- "Castle Richmond", Anthony Trollope.
- "Pierre And His People, [Tales of the Far North], Volume 5.", Gilbert Parker.
- "The Social Cancer A Complete English Version of Noli Me Tangere", José Rizal.