Definition of feast:
- A festival; a holiday; a solemn, or more commonly, a joyous, anniversary.
- A festive or joyous meal; a grand, ceremonious, or sumptuous entertainment, of which many guests partake; a banquet characterized by tempting variety and abundance of food.
- That which is partaken of, or shared in, with delight; something highly agreeable; entertainment.
- To be highly gratified or delighted.
- To delight; to gratify; as, to feast the soul.
- To eat sumptuously; to dine or sup on rich provisions, particularly in large companies, and on public festivals.
- To entertain with sumptuous provisions; to treat at the table bountifully; as, he was feasted by the king.
flow, feed in, counterpane, merrymaking, facing pages, paste, cattle farm, junketeer, spreadhead, carnival, spread head, refreshment, gap, fiesta, give, prey, bedspread, bedcover, fertilise, entertainment, jollification, fertilize, spreading, fete, ranch, junket, treat, wassail, banquet, course, run, feed, carouse, scatter, bed covering, cattle ranch, festival, bed cover.
celebration (part of speech: noun)
- meal (part of speech: noun)
- eat (part of speech: verb)
- "In the Musgrave Ranges", Jim Bushman.
- "The Complete Poetical Works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- "Warrior of the Dawn", Howard Carleton Browne.