Definition of feathered:
- Clothed, covered, or fitted with ( or as with) feathers or wings; as, a feathered animal; a feathered arrow.
- Furnished with anything featherlike; ornamented; fringed; as, land feathered with trees.
- Having a fringe of feathers, as the legs of certian birds; or of hairs, as the legs of a setter dog.
- Having feathers; - said of an arrow, when the feathers are of a tincture different from that of the shaft.
- of Feather
- "Furze the Cruel", John Trevena.
- "Foes", Mary Johnston.
His industry was untiring, and in going over his books one by one it was very noticeable how large a number of them were feathered with his paper " marks," shewing how carefully he had read them and referred to them.- "Autobiography of Sir George Biddell Airy", George Biddell Airy.