Definition of feeding :
1. of Feed
2. That which furnishes or affords food, especially for animals; pasture land.
3. That which is eaten; food.
4. the act of eating, or of supplying with food; the process of fattening.
eating (part of speech: verb)
supplying (part of speech: verb)
feeding (part of speech: verb)
- " If there had been a man there, she would have had him in the kitchen and been feeding him what was left from dinner, inside of an hour, from force of habit. - "The Circular Staircase", Mary Roberts Rinehart.
- This feeding breath to a diver is serious business. - "Careers of Danger and Daring", Cleveland Moffett.
- Feeding on the sun! - "The Metal Monster", A. Merritt.