Definition of feel:
- A sensation communicated by touching; impression made upon one who touches or handles; as, this leather has a greasy feel.
- Feeling; perception.
- To appear to the touch; to give a perception; to produce an impression by the nerves of sensation; - followed by an adjective describing the kind of sensation.
- To be conscious of an inward impression, state of mind, persuasion, physical condition, etc.; to perceive one's self to be; - followed by an adjective describing the state, etc.; as, to feel assured, grieved, persuaded.
- To have perception by the touch, or by contact of anything with the nerves of sensation, especially those upon the surface of the body.
- To have the sensibilities moved or affected.
- To know with feeling; to be conscious; hence, to know certainly or without misgiving.
- To perceive by the mind; to have a sense of; to experience; to be affected by; to be sensible of, or sensetive to; as, to feel pleasure; to feel pain.
- To perceive by the touch; to take cognizance of by means of the nerves of sensation distributed all over the body, especially by those of the skin; to have sensation excited by contact of ( a thing) with the body or limbs.
- To perceive; to observe.
- To take internal cognizance of; to be conscious of; to have an inward persuasion of.
- To touch; to handle; to examine by touching; as, feel this piece of silk; hence, to make trial of; to test; often with out.
odour, get, face, knowledge, belief, whole tone, olfactory sensation, olfaction, facial expression, look, sense of smell, feelings, tone, bump, savour, regain, sympathize, live, quality, meet, flavour, looking at, palpate, tonus, find, discover, pity, tint, see, put out feelers, get hold, spirit, prove, determine, rule, tone of voice, smell out, receive, intuit, olfactory perception, timbre, note, incur, pure tone, go through, savor, commiserate, impression, opinion, sense, olfactory property, find out, tactile sensation, aroma, step, taste, sprightliness, seek, happen, life, obtain, shade, tactual sensation, experience, finger, witness, suffer, participate, flavor, encounter, notice, intent, know, smack, chance, aspect, notion, ache, come up, whole step, retrieve, believe, send up a trial balloon, thumb, tang, heart, musical note, tactile property, compassionate, investigate, grabble, scent, disembodied spirit, have, relish, timber, emotional state, smell, think, liveliness, line up, expression, observe, find oneself, looking, apprehend, poke, hold, touch sensation, yearn, purport, feeling, odor, ascertain, olfactory modality, sapidity, tonicity, smelling, tincture, recover, intuitive feeling.
- feel (part of speech: verb)
- caress (part of speech: noun)
- sense (part of speech: verb)
- texture (part of speech: noun)
- touch (part of speech: verb)