Definition of fell :
1. A barren or rocky hill.
2. A form of seam joining two pieces of cloth, the edges being folded together and the stitches taken through both thicknesses.
3. A skin or hide of a beast with the wool or hair on; a pelt; - used chiefly in composition, as woolfell.
4. A wild field; a moor.
5. Cruel; barbarous; inhuman; fierce; savage; ravenous.
6. Eager; earnest; intent.
7. Gall; anger; melancholy.
8. imp. of Fall.
9. of Fall
10. The end of a web, formed by the last thread of the weft.
11. The finer portions of ore which go through the meshes, when the ore is sorted by sifting.
12. To cause to fall; to prostrate; to bring down or to the ground; to cut down.
13. To sew or hem; - said of seams.
furious, surface, roughshod, aviate, vicious, brutish, expend, cast, reduce, trim down, rise, reprehensible, cut down, vanish, heavy-handed, hew, ferine, dribble, dismiss, swing, uncivilized, put down, sink, feral, devolve, knock off, trim back, throw, ground, pilot, uncivilised, skin, jacket, barbarous, degenerate, cruel, shed, mow, cast off, bring down, leave out, deplorable, spend, omit, bestial, fly, send away, vaporize, pelt, discharge, drip, overleap, poisonous, inhuman, chop down, barbarian, cut, wild, hide, ferocious, cut out, wing, trim, miss, flee, dangle, throw off, savage, venomous, inhumane, take flight, beastly, neglect, go away, pull down, unrelenting, evil, drop off, barbaric, felled seam, level, condemnable, brute, fur, send packing, fierce, overlook, floor, set down, unload, disappear, knock down, deteriorate, cut back, flatten, cancel, push down, drop, strike down, criminal, shake off, deck, prostrate, pretermit, throw away, slash, brutal, drop down, down
died (part of speech: verb)
plunged (part of speech: verb)
failed (part of speech: verb)