Definition of felon :
1. A kind of whitlow; a painful imflammation of the periosteum of a finger, usually of the last joint.
2. A person guilty or capable of heinous crime.
3. A person who has committed a felony.
4. Characteristic of a felon; malignant; fierce; malicious; cruel; traitorous; disloyal.
prisoner (part of speech: noun)
thief (part of speech: noun)
highwayman, pirate, lawbreaker, burglar, filcher, mugger, culprit, larcener, grafter, lifter, prowler, housebreaker, stealer, poacher, criminal, outlaw, hijacker, pickpocket, cat burglar, thug, thief, robber, villain, larcenist, delinquent, crook, evildoer, swindler
- They passed the silent sentries; none challenged and none saluted; they were moving swiftly over the town as the felon Gothas go; they came to a cottage in the country. - "Tales of War", Lord Dunsany.
- 90 He asked the waves, and asked the felon winds, What hard mishap hath doomed this gentle swain? - "Minor Poems by Milton", John Milton.
- Go you, and seize the felon; backward bind His arms and legs, and fix a plank behind: On this his body by strong cords extend, And on a column near the roof suspend: So studied tortures his vile days shall end. - "The Odyssey of Homer", Homer, translated by Alexander Pope.