Definition of feminine:
- Any one of those words which are the appellations of females, or which have the terminations usually found in such words; as, actress, songstress, abbess, executrix.
- Having the qualities of a woman; becoming or appropriate to the female sex; as, in a good sense, modest, graceful, affectionate, confiding; or, in a bad sense, weak, nerveless, timid, pleasure- loving, effeminate.
- Of or pertaining to a woman, or to women; characteristic of a woman; womanish; womanly.
declarative, sensitive, frequentative, unaccented, grammatical, virile, mainly, wanton, sissified, shy, fast, conditional, pert, womanlike, matronly, womanly, tender, femininity, ladylike, masculine, passive, gender, maidenly, changeable, deictic, compound, refined, female, distaff, fair, dainty, maidenlike, sissyish, yielding, epicene, graceful, complex, inflected, powder-puff, womanhood, unstressed.
- "Education: How Old The New", James J. Walsh.
- "Fernley House", Laura E. Richards.
- "Memories of a Musical Life", William Mason.