Definition of feminine :
1. Any one of those words which are the appellations of females, or which have the terminations usually found in such words; as, actress, songstress, abbess, executrix.
2. Having the qualities of a woman; becoming or appropriate to the female sex; as, in a good sense, modest, graceful, affectionate, confiding; or, in a bad sense, weak, nerveless, timid, pleasure- loving, effeminate.
3. Of or pertaining to a woman, or to women; characteristic of a woman; womanish; womanly.
frequentative, compound, unstressed, tender, complex, dainty, powder-puff, changeable, masculine, pert, mainly, virile, grammatical, sissified, inflected, fast, maidenly, maidenlike, conditional, sensitive, shy, declarative, passive, epicene, femininity, sissyish, wanton, womanhood, yielding, womanlike, graceful, gender, refined, ladylike, fair, unaccented, deictic, distaff
female (part of speech: adjective)
effeminate (part of speech: adjective)
- This feminine educational movement spread all over Europe. - "Education: How Old The New", James J. Walsh.
- Most of it seems to come from the feminine side of the house, though, I fear. - "Fernley House", Laura E. Richards.
- I enjoyed the lovely feminine quality of her voice and manner. - "Memories of a Musical Life", William Mason.