Definition of fender:
- A screen to prevent coals or sparks of an open fire from escaping to the floor.
- A screen to protect a carriage from mud thrown off the wheels: also, a splashboard.
- Anything serving as a cushion to lessen the shock when a vessel comes in contact with another vessel or a wharf.
- Anything set up to protect an exposed angle, as of a house, from damage by carriage wheels.
- One who or that which defends or protects by warding off harm
original, buffer, pilot program, apron, flank, buff, pilot, buffer store, buffer storage, mudguard, pilot burner, offstage, archetype, cover, protector, screen, pilot film, wing, airplane pilot, pilot light, annex, cushion, curb, fireguard, frame, polisher, mask, buffer zone, splashboard, shield, backstage, extension, cowcatcher, ward, annexe.
car part (part of speech: noun)
- shock absorber,
- spark plug,
- connecting rod,
- glove compartment,
- steering wheel,
- "The Necromancers", Robert Hugh Benson.
- "Winding Paths", Gertrude Page.
- "His Dog", Albert Payson Terhune.