Definition of ferocious:
roughshod, help, cutthroat, furious, enraged, frightful, uncivilized, untrained, pitiless, vicious, kind, fell, murderous, truculent, wolfish, fiery, unrestrained, barbaric, merciless, barbarian, tearing, tempestuous, untamed, sanguinary, bloodthirsty, uncivilised, fierce, savage, violent, bowelless, angered, ravenous, ferine, trigger-happy, feral, angry, fearsome, impetuous, predatory, unmerciful, infuriated, uncultivated, maddened, boisterous.
- brutal (part of speech: adjective)
- violent (part of speech: adjective)
- "By Water to the Columbian Exposition", Johanna S. Wisthaler.
- "Betty Trevor", Mrs. G. de Horne Vaizey.
- "The Last Days of Pompeii", Edward George Bulwer-Lytton.