Definition of fertile:
- Capable of producing fruit; fruit- bearing; as, fertile flowers.
- Containing pollen; - said of anthers.
- produced in abundance; plenteous; ample.
- Producing fruit or vegetation in abundance; fruitful; able to produce abundantly; prolific; fecund; productive; rich; inventive; as, fertile land or fields; a fertile mind or imagination.
robust, deep, fatty, ample, full-bodied, fertilizable, plentiful, rich, plenteous, racy, rank, fecund, inseminated, fertilized, barren, generative, infertile, prolific, gravid, bearing, fertilised, breeding, impregnated, yielding, juicy, sterile, fat, copious, proliferous, black.
- creative (part of speech: adjective)
- productive (part of speech: adjective)
- lucrative (part of speech: adjective)
- "With Axe and Rifle", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "A Victor of Salamis", William Stearns Davis.
Unfortunately he left him at the same time a sufficient quantity of fertile land below the hills to maintain the same army with which he had fought us, with better knowledge how to employ them, to keep us out on a future occasion.- "Rambles and Recollections of an Indian Official", William Sleeman.