Definition of fertile :
1. Capable of producing fruit; fruit- bearing; as, fertile flowers.
2. Containing pollen; - said of anthers.
3. produced in abundance; plenteous; ample.
4. Producing fruit or vegetation in abundance; fruitful; able to produce abundantly; prolific; fecund; productive; rich; inventive; as, fertile land or fields; a fertile mind or imagination.
racy, barren, fertilized, ample, plenteous, inseminated, full-bodied, fertilised, plentiful, impregnated, black, fat, yielding, bearing, deep, rank, robust, rich, copious, infertile, gravid, sterile, proliferous, fertilizable, generative, fatty, juicy, breeding
creative (part of speech: adjective)
productive (part of speech: adjective)
lucrative (part of speech: adjective)
- Was this valley to be our home, or were we to cross the second range, into a still more fertile region? - "With Axe and Rifle", W.H.G. Kingston.
- The city spread in the fertile Sardiene, one of the garden plains of Asia Minor. - "A Victor of Salamis", William Stearns Davis.
- Unfortunately he left him at the same time a sufficient quantity of fertile land below the hills to maintain the same army with which he had fought us, with better knowledge how to employ them, to keep us out on a future occasion. - "Rambles and Recollections of an Indian Official", William Sleeman.