Definition of fiddle:
- A kind of dock ( Rumex pulcher) with fiddle- shaped leaves; - called also fiddle dock.
- A rack or frame of bars connected by strings, to keep table furniture in place on the cabin table in bad weather.
- A stringed instrument of music played with a bow; a violin; a kit.
- To keep the hands and fingers actively moving as a fiddler does; to move the hands and fingers restlessy or in busy idleness; to trifle.
- To play ( a tune) on a fiddle.
- To play on a fiddle.
meet, muck about, run, encounter, fool, tamper, short-change, trifle, recreate, bring, potter, goldbrick, mess, dally, playact, act, shirk, swindle, twiddle, roleplay, putter, work, act as, make for, musical instrument, mulct, monkey around, trifle away, victimize, gyp, industrious, gip, scam, mess around, stringed instrument, diddle, cornstalk fiddle, con, defraud, flirt, help, tinker, wager, shrink from, toy, bunco, violin, fidget, waste, take on, muck around, monkey, spiel, rook, kill, bet, play, meddle, wreak, represent, nobble, touch, hornswoggle.
musical instrument (part of speech: noun)
- English horn,
- classical guitar,
- electric guitar,
- alto saxophone,
- French horn,
- electric piano,
- tenor saxophone,
- "Hildegarde's Harvest", Laura E. Richards.
- "The World For Sale, Volume 2.", Gilbert Parker.
- "Phil the Fiddler", Horatio Alger, Jr..