Definition of fidelity :
1. Adherence to a person or party to which one is bound; loyalty.
2. Adherence to the marriage contract.
3. Adherence to truth; veracity; honesty.
4. Faithfulness; adherence to right; careful and exact observance of duty, or discharge of obligations.
truth, steadfastness, loyalty, true, veraciousness, correctness, scrupulousness, obligation, veridicality, accuracy, allegiance, exactitude, veracity, closeness, exactness, verity, care, constancy, continue
piety (part of speech: noun)
faithfulness, piousness, religiousness, devotion, obedience, worshipfulness, sanctification, devoutness, cultism, prayerfulness, superstitiousness, dogmatism, fealty, Christianity, dutifulness, sanctimoniousness, reverence, solemnity, piety, holiness
- He had given his word, and if there was one tradition of his race which this man had never broken, it was that of fidelity to his side; to the man that paid him. - "Historical Romances: Under the Red Robe, Count Hannibal, A Gentleman of France", Stanley J. Weyman.
- In his business transactions he proved himself to be shrewd and tactful, and by his fidelity, patience, and self- confidence, gained the respect and esteem of his immediate fellows. - "Mohammed, The Prophet of Islam", H. E. E. Hayes.
- Pardon my hesitation; but fidelity requires one to be careful." - "Marguerite de Valois", Alexandre Dumas.