Definition of fight :
1. A battle; an engagement; a contest in arms; a combat; a violent conflict or struggle for victory, between individuals or between armies, ships, or navies, etc.
2. A screen for the combatants in ships.
3. A struggle or contest of any kind.
4. Strength or disposition for fighting; pugnacity; as, he has a great deal of fight in him.
5. To act in opposition to anything; to struggle against; to contend; to strive; to make resistance.
6. To carry on, or wage, as a conflict, or battle; to win or gain by struggle, as one's way; to sustain by fighting, as a cause.
7. To cause to fight; to manage or maneuver in a fight; as, to fight cocks; to fight one's ship.
8. To contend with in battle; to war against; as, they fought the enemy in two pitched battles; the sloop fought the frigate for three hours.
9. To strive or contend for victory, with armies or in single combat; to attempt to defeat, subdue, or destroy an enemy, either by blows or weapons; to contend in arms; - followed by with or against.
involution, scrap, armed combat, cope, squeeze, guard, employment, vex, difficulty, clamber, interlocking, tilt, grapple, press out, tug, mettle, iron, booking, conjure, pit, run, bit, shinny, flake, betrothal, charge up, pugnacity, weightlift, press, date, entreat, vie, run-in, make out, passage of arms, feud, compact, hardihood, shake up, compete, adjure, shift, get by, contention, difference of opinion, fisticuffs, affair, go, rouse, argue, action, tangle, turn on, discord, bid, postulate, fence, fuss, constrict, urge on, troth, repugn, fight back, trash, manage, rhubarb, support, advertize, weigh, brush, contend, deal, agitate, defend, involvement, shake, rumpus, scrimmage, budge, clash, maintain, strife, weight-lift, exhort, react, contract, belligerence, rubbish, crowd, controvert, row, bout, compress, altercation, fight down, wrangle, mesh, bicker, chip, collision, controversy, fighting, fend for, participation, play off, disturbance, difference, excite, promote, sputter, game, raise up, represent, urge, labour, bear on, debate, courage, duel, make do, shin, labor, skin, round, tiff, wrestling match, stir, free-for-all, wrestle, counterbalance, take the field, match, rivalry, quarrel, affray, squabble, advertise, stir up, appointment, push, champion, quibble, commove, donnybrook, meshing, competitiveness, argument, competition, flare-up, fleck, joust, force, iron out, beseech, estrangement, melee, encounter, hold, spat, dissension, hassle, skirmish, mix-up, disturb, showdown, fray, foment
battle (part of speech: verb)
oppose (part of speech: verb)
disagree, oppose, meddle, impede, antagonize, object, intercept, hinder, counteract, counter, repulse, repel, obstruct, suppress, confront, cross, inhibit, defy, oppress, resist, repress, contradict, check, interfere
attack (part of speech: verb)
strike, batter, battle, rape, scathe, savage, furor, slash, raid, scarify, riot, tirade, aggression, harry, combat, spasm, storm, invasion, bombard, charge, warfare, bloodshed, foray, barrage, outbreak, thrust, bombardment, hammer, hit, trounce, assail, pound, sortie, onslaught, invade, war, offense, lunge, scorch, flay, lash, violate, siege
opposition (part of speech: noun)
contradiction, suppression, adversary, conflict, repression, friction, inhibition, counterattack, opposition, disagreement, protest, confrontation, hindrance, counteraction, antagonism, interference, impediment, obstinacy, obstruction, rebuff, objection, defiance, repulsion, challenge, dispute, resistance
warfare (part of speech: noun)
violence (part of speech: noun)
destructiveness, insurrection, broil, vandalism, brutishness, frenzy, atrocity, outrage, brawl, wildness, abuse, fracas, attack, barbarity, vehemence, thuggery, ferocity, violence, inhumanity, savagery, fierceness, terrorism, fury, assault, commotion, brutality, torture, turmoil, rage, intensity, uproar