Definition of fighter:
genius, title-holder, grinder, adept, whiz, wizard, ace, submarine sandwich, protagonist, whizz, disputant, zep, friend, submarine, maven, paladin, champion, contender, supporter, wrestler, controversialist, aggressor, mavin, belligerent, sub, attack aircraft, combatant, torpedo, wiz, virtuoso, poor boy, booster, hoagy, fighter aircraft, hero, conflict, scrapper, plane, hero sandwich, champ, hotshot, hoagie, admirer, chump, boxer, wedge, superstar, sensation, star, battler.
- airplane (part of speech: noun)
- combatant (part of speech: noun)
- "The Wheel O' Fortune", Louis Tracy.
- ""Where Angels Fear to Tread" and Other Stories of the Sea", Morgan Robertson.
- "The Sisters-In-Law", Gertrude Atherton.