Definition of fill:
- A full supply, as much as supplies want; as much as gives complete satisfaction.
- One of the thills or shafts of a carriage.
- That which fills; filling; specif., an embankment, as in railroad construction, to fill a hollow or ravine; also, the place which is to be filled.
- To become full; to have the whole capacity occupied; to have an abundant supply; to be satiated; as, corn fills well in a warm season; the sail fills with the wind.
- To fill a cup or glass for drinking.
- To fill or supply fully with food; to feed; to satisfy.
- To furnish an abudant supply to; to furnish with as mush as is desired or desirable; to occupy the whole of; to swarm in or overrun.
- To make an embankment in, or raise the level of ( a low place), with earth or gravel.
- To make full; to supply with as much as can be held or contained; to put or pour into, till no more can be received; to occupy the whole capacity of.
- To possess and perform the duties of; to officiate in, as an incumbent; to occupy; to hold; as, a king fills a throne; the president fills the office of chief magistrate; the speaker of the House fills the chair.
- To press and dilate, as a sail; as, the wind filled the sails.
- To supply with an incumbent; as, to fill an office or a vacancy.
- To trim ( a yard) so that the wind shall blow on the after side of the sails.
busy, take, binge, satiety, subscribe to, necessitate, consume, live up to, woof, come across, meet, postulate, engage, make full, select, ingest, carry, consider, absorb, use up, take on, adopt, claim, hire, gormandise, withdraw, contract, congest, get, sate, pick out, reside, gormandize, englut, forgather, deal, concern, action, occupy, exact, carry through, invade, do, freight, lead, plug, lodge in, stopper, weft, bring, plenty, aim, pick, touch, conform to, pig out, learn, have, remove, guide, receive, lease, look at, clog, fulfill, pile, fit, rent, choose, worry, interest, overeat, answer, satisfy, run into, assemble, conduct, content, take aim, suffice, make, call for, pack, read, capacity, film, scarf out, acquire, need, encounter, choke, gourmandize, block, filling, load, ask, play, surfeit, jam, get together, run across, suffer, fulfil, train, take in, fill up, take up, charge, full, match, strike, direct, submit, convey, accept, take away, adjoin, charter, contain, assume, study, cram, cope with, close, satiate, contact, hold, stop, subscribe, require, gather, see, admit, demand, carry out, engross, stuff, drive, heap, overgorge, cloy, involve, cork, ingurgitate, replete, converge, overindulge, shoot, foregather, get hold of.
- complete (part of speech: verb)
- satisfy (part of speech: verb)
- infuse (part of speech: verb)