Definition of finale:
finishing, wrap-up, culture, ratiocination, decision, tip, limit, point, close, polish, stopping point, design, uttermost, start, wind-up, effect, finish, cobbler's last, utmost, coating, fulfilment, goal, last, conclusion, shoemaker's last, issue, purpose, refinement, result, cultivation, bound, coda, determination, intent, destination, boundary, terminus, extent, closing curtain, finis, extremity, outcome, final stage, consequence.
- close (part of speech: verb)
- end (part of speech: noun)
- completion (part of speech: noun)
It was getting late, and as with a shower of coloured stars the magician in the compound accomplished a grand finale, Bernard put his arm around the narrow shoulders and said, with a kindly squeeze, " I am going to see my princess home again now.- "The Lamp in the Desert", Ethel M. Dell.
- "Ashton-Kirk, Investigator", John T. McIntyre.
- "The Great Musicians: Rossini and His School", Henry Sutherland Edwards.