Definition of fineness:
goody, thinness, diplomacy, spareness, slightness, delicacy, fragility, discreetness, daintiness, airiness, treat, sparseness, tenuity, dainty, superiority, good, choiceness, superbness, sparsity, finesse, discretion, powderiness, kickshaw.
- goodness (part of speech: noun)
- narrowness (part of speech: noun)
- elegance (part of speech: noun)
- pleasurableness (part of speech: noun)
- wispiness (part of speech: noun)
- texture (part of speech: noun)
It is as if a new fineness of ear for all spiritual voices had sent wonder- working vibrations through the heavy mortal frame- as if " beauty born of murmuring sound" had passed into the face of the listener.- "Silas Marner The Weaver of Raveloe", George Eliot.
- "Weird Tales. Vol. I", E. T. A. Hoffmann.
His linen, though not of a fineness in accordance with his stockings, was as white as the tops of the waves that broke upon the neighbouring beach, or the specks of sail that glinted in the sunlight far at sea.- "A Tale of Two Cities A Story of the French Revolution", Charles Dickens.