Definition of finery :
1. A charcoal hearth or furnace for the conversion of cast iron into wrought iron, or into iron suitable for puddling.
2. Fineness; beauty.
3. Ornament; decoration; especially, excecially decoration; showy clothes; jewels.
ornament (part of speech: noun)
- Full well you know that a love for the sort of finery you now describe- and reveal- is why girls go wrong. - "The Wrong Twin", Harry Leon Wilson.
- To my taste, the more there may be of the stuff gown and the less of the finery, the more it will be to my wishes. - "An Old Man's Love", Anthony Trollope.
- They were fond of ornaments; but it was not the characteristic of miserable persons to show a taste for finery. - "The History of the Rise, Progress and Accomplishment of the Abolition of the African Slave-Trade, by the British Parliament (1839)", Thomas Clarkson.