Definition of finishing :
1. of Finish
2. Tending to complete or to render fit for the market or for use.
3. The act or process of completing or perfecting; the final work upon or ornamentation of a thing.
completing (part of speech: verb)
last (part of speech: adjective)
ending (part of speech: verb)
- At precisely this hour Billie, by rights, should have been putting the finishing touches on her make- up in a second- floor dressing- room at the Regal. - "A Damsel in Distress", Pelham Grenville Wodehouse.
- " It will add to the obligation," said Lucy, finishing the sentence in character. - "Love Me Little, Love Me Long", Charles Reade Edition: 10 Language: English.
- What a shame he died without finishing that Christmas story in Rolling Stones! - "The Haunted Bookshop", Christopher Morley.