Definition of firmness:
resoluteness, firmness of purpose, solving, resolution, wisdom, purposefulness, decision, declaration, willpower, purpose, wiseness, integrity, strong, certain, imperviousness, resolving, continue, will, wholeness, answer, result, determination, resolve, sureness, fastness, soundness, flexibility, resolving power, better, solution, settlement, strictness, decisiveness, decidedness, change, closure, steadiness, stableness, solvent.
- inelasticity (part of speech: noun)
- solidity (part of speech: noun)
- hardness (part of speech: noun)
- stability (part of speech: noun)
- tightness (part of speech: noun)
- strength (part of speech: noun)
- "The Prime Minister", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "The Red Lily, v2", Anatole France.
Then coming to the lady's side he took her hand and said gently, and yet with that quiet firmness which does much to produce conviction: Mrs. Poland, before leaving your husband to his quiet sleep we read words which Jesus Christ once spoke to a despairing, grief- stricken woman.- "A Knight Of The Nineteenth Century", E. P. Roe.