Definition of fish :
1. A counter, used in various games.
2. A name loosely applied in popular usage to many animals of diverse characteristics, living in the water.
3. A piece of timber, somewhat in the form of a fish, used to strengthen a mast or yard.
4. A purchase used to fish the anchor.
5. An oviparous, vertebrate animal usually having fins and a covering scales or plates. It breathes by means of gills, and lives almost entirely in the water. See Pisces.
6. of Finch
7. The flesh of fish, used as food.
8. The twelfth sign of the zodiac; Pisces.
9. To attempt to catch fish; to be employed in taking fish, by any means, as by angling or drawing a net.
10. To catch; to draw out or up; as, to fish up an anchor.
11. To search by raking or sweeping.
12. To seek to obtain by artifice, or indirectly to seek to draw forth; as, to fish for compliments.
13. To strengthen ( a beam, mast, etc.), or unite end to end ( two timbers, railroad rails, etc.) by bolting a plank, timber, or plate to the beam, mast, or timbers, lengthwise on one or both sides. See joint, under Fish, n.
14. To try with a fishing rod; to catch fish in; as, to fish a stream.
bait, pompano, man, lean, personage, mullet, shad, bullhead, beat out, roughy, tilt, chowder, capture, tip, party, specimen, soul, search out, grampus, go through, patsy, slant, horse mackerel, hint, oyster, look for, life, denizen of the deep, angle, thing, bouillabaisse, seek out, bream, cookie, bod, body, turtle, loach, tilefish, seafood, sitting target, fry, sort, human being, individual, mug, angling, customer, search, panfish, pelagic, crappy, devil, sitting duck, mahi-mahi, shrimp, pick through, hogfish, duck, head, flying fish, guy, sucker, bite, slob, blindfish, prey, big game, red snapper, filet, drag out of, ask, bluefish, devilfish, bottom feeder, draw out, hunt down, scout, chump, coax something out of someone, stiff, blood sports, dupe, baby, monkfish, gull, probe, finny prey, mortal, worm out of, Pisces the Fishes, blenny, draw, muskellunge, porgy, bloater, lobster, scavenge, character, sap, force out of, loosen someone's tongue, being, fillet, clam, person, cast, pisces, egg, weight, wight, squeeze out, bag, one of the finny tribe, face, look out for
animal (part of speech: noun)
fish (part of speech: noun)
hake, goby, anchovy, kipper, lamprey, grouper, fluke, marlin, speckled trout, rainbow trout, halibut, mackerel, bowfin, bass, swordfish, trout, tuna, gar, minnow, ray, guppy, salmon, cod, sole, mudfish, walleye, haddock, sea horse, flounder, eel, catfish, shark, puffer, whitefish, blackfish, sting ray, dogfish, bluegill, barracuda, sardine, crappie, smelt, turbot, tarpon, hammerhead, herring, sunfish, flatfish, char, carp, albacore, pickerel, perch, goldfish, sturgeon, pike, sailfish
animals (part of speech: noun)