Definition of fishing :
1. A fishery.
2. of Finch
3. Pertaining to fishing; used in fishery; engaged in fishing; as, fishing boat; fishing tackle; fishing village.
4. The act, practice, or art of one who fishes.
bag, angle, big game, harpooning, fly fishing, casting, search, cast, netting, look for, fish, bait, spearing, angling, the piscatorial sport, blood sports, seining, trawling, seek, sportfishing, bite, capture
- The fishing had been bad of late, and here again they spoke as if some personal power had been at work. - "The Wooden Horse", Hugh Walpole.
- Come, now, get into the boat, and we'll go for a new kind of fishing. - "Six Little Bunkers at Cousin Tom's", Laura Lee Hope.
- At least, in some places there were flower gardens; and in others there was a wall along the water, with boys sitting on the edge of it, fishing. - "Rollo in Paris", Jacob Abbott.