Definition of fitting:
readjustment, bit, alteration, just, proper, deserved, date, accommodation, movable, ideal, pretty, happy, good, competent, equal, wrap up, clothe, section, capable, wear, registration, qualified, part, substructure, trying on, commensurate, designation, engagement, put on, fitted, unit, adjustment, assignment, adaption, due, adequate, adaptation, cover up, tailor-made, allowance, perfect, slip into, detail, appointment, piece, sufficient, try-on, adapted, machine, get dressed, possible, felicitous, pull on, naming, appointee, merited, able, subdivision, rightful, well-chosen, portion, dress, modification, meet, segment, satisfactory.
- proper (part of speech: adjective)
- relevant (part of speech: adjective)
- preparing (part of speech: verb)
- suitable (part of speech: adjective)
utilizable (part of speech: adjective)
- at hand,
- suiting (part of speech: verb)
- "The Literary Sense", E. Nesbit.
- "Ayala's Angel", Anthony Trollope.
- "Judy of York Hill", Ethel Hume Patterson Bennett.