Definition of fix :
1. A number of things of the same kind, ordinarily used or classed together; a collection of articles which naturally complement each other, and usually go together; an assortment; a suit; as, a set of chairs, of china, of surgical or mathematical instruments, of books, etc.
2. A position of difficulty or embarassment; predicament; dilemma.
4. Fixed; solidified.
5. To become firm, so as to resist volatilization; to cease to flow or be fluid; to congeal; to become hard and malleable, as a metallic substance.
6. To become fixed; to settle or remain permanently; to cease from wandering; to rest.
7. To hold steadily; to direct unwaveringly; to fasten, as the eye on an object, the attention on a speaker.
8. To line the hearth of ( a puddling furnace) with fettling.
9. To make firm, stable, or fast; to set or place permanently; to fasten immovably; to establish; to implant; to secure; to make definite.
10. To put in order; to arrange; to dispose of; to adjust; to set to rights; to set or place in the manner desired or most suitable; hence, to repair; as, to fix the clothes; to fix the furniture of a room.
11. To render ( an impression) permanent by treating with such applications as will make it insensible to the action of light.
12. To transfix; to pierce.
impact, vivify, unsex, postulate, bank, wee-wee, pile, make believe, bring forth, localization principle, draw, maw, hit, develop, clear, lot, sophisticate, convey, reparation, stupefy, sight, move, procure, piss, reach, recreate, perplex, urinate, sic, effectuate, reward, cakehole, erect, situate, throw, fixing, fastening, effect, redress, fixity, find, condition, machinate, wee, fetter, become, train, vindicate, mickle, avenge, specify, father, set about, hollow, requite, pay back, realize, narrow down, sterilise, pertain, fixation, bring, square up, rear, find out, revivify, insure, come, secureness, settle on, tamper, learn, trap, hangout, coif, pin on, define, constitute, groom, localization of function, delimit, peg down, altering, assemble, fasten, catch, dumbfound, oblige, electronic jamming, amends, take, desexualise, gravel, congeal, mystify, prepared, spend a penny, liquidate, regular, restitute, impose, mussiness, coiffe, pitch, localisation, ascertain, get under one's skin, go under, locating, haunt, etch, dispose of, reestablish, buzz off, desexualize, take a crap, fixedness, bind, beat, muddle, piddle, nail down, launch, conclude, jamming, indemnify, fastener, sire, pose, impress, lay, make, square off, compensate, great deal, typeset, holdfast, throttle, pull in, desex, jumble, restrict, earn, fixture, heap, put forward, cook, yap, manipulate, wreak, reproduction, incur, neutering, stamp, touch, get to, bear on, bear upon, relate, confine, mending, falsify, prime, stimulate, posit, passel, pee-pee, get down, make up, stop up, relieve oneself, take a leak, put in, sterilize, tune, nonplus, engage, go, ensure, pay, pass water, localize, flummox, baffle, fix up, help, buy off, rich, attain, localisation principle, set apart, mess hall, sustain, deposit, set out, peck, receive, lodge, vex, micturate, bewilder, destine, bound, pee, remediate, mold, kettle of fish, pot, coiffure, commence, animate, furbish up, castrate, tie, compel, tighten, state, refer, drive, produce, experience, qualify, geld, check, bring in, make up one's mind, guarantee, work, tidy sum, crap, contract, deal, fudge, imprint, have, raft, particularise, pin down, specialise, reanimate, attune, redeem, neuter, induce, particularize, determine, dress, found, doctor up, localise, regenerate, rig, muckle, piece, stamping ground, instal, entrap, mare's nest, revamp, stick, restrain, make water, agree, quicken, slew, batch, localisation of function, fit, start out, anchor, spate, pay off, infix, fixate, affix, grave, amaze, tack together, intend, jell, negotiate, wangle, assign, fuddle, suffer, designate, seduce, give, obtain, misrepresent, entrench, countersink, influence, puzzle, plug, circumscribe, engender, positioning, resort, touch on, let, dictate, golf hole, recompense, messiness, stipulate, moor, spay, lay out, mass, capture, ready, submit, progress to, arrest, wad, put together, fetch, change, blame, gear up, assure, welter, puddle, acquire, fastness, clip, generate, press, do, begin, over, repay, hatful, doctor, have-to doe with, decide, mint, bugger off, put up, specialize, hold, seat, limit, forgiveness, shackle, see, bushel, mother, trammel, cause, watch, get, raise, emplacement, get up, shit, delineate, organise, affect, stool, build, smother, decree, tack, concern, arrive, defecate, name, delimitate, create, placement, hole, wedge, pretend, MARKS, inscribe, mountain, engrave, mark, batten, flock, ensnare, start, attach, batten down, construct, gain, clutter, fructify, gob, mess, ca-ca, quite a little, plenty, habitue, take a shit, crush, grow, ordain, stack, reinstate, narrow, reconstruct, prescribe, come to, good deal, localization, ingrain, educate, impute, beget, nominate, go down, arrive at, scram, realise, take in, couple, lay down, fake, muss
head (part of speech: verb)
predicament (part of speech: noun)
stabilize (part of speech: verb)
order (part of speech: verb)
maintain, group, settle, right, collate, harmonize, rank, mediate, frame, integrate, balance, set, orchestrate, systematize, stabilize, sort, score, program, order, arrange, rationalize, form, sift, subordinate, cast, schedule, categorize, pigeonhole, support, separate, establish, scheme, schematize, grade, methodize, stratify, design, prepare, place, structure, type, array, chart, shape, normalize, control, unify, plot, plan, compose, devise, screen, regulate, classify, rate, unsnarl, organize, marshal, class
correct (part of speech: verb)
bearing (part of speech: noun)
restore (part of speech: verb)
install (part of speech: verb)
rest (part of speech: verb)
- Here was a fix! - "The Emigrant Mechanic and Other Tales In Verse Together With Numerous Songs Upon Canadian Subjects", Thomas Cowherd.
- We'll fix up and make ready for her, little by little, as we go along. - "The Bondboy", George W. (George Washington) Ogden.
- Now that put me in a fix. - "Ravensdene Court", J. S. (Joseph Smith) Fletcher.