Definition of flame :
1. A person beloved; a sweetheart.
2. A stream of burning vapor or gas, emitting light and heat; darting or streaming fire; a blaze; a fire.
3. Ardor of affection; the passion of love.
4. Burning zeal or passion; elevated and noble enthusiasm; glowing imagination; passionate excitement or anger.
5. To burn with a flame or blaze; to burn as gas emitted from bodies in combustion; to blaze.
6. To burst forth like flame; to break out in violence of passion; to be kindled with zeal or ardor.
7. To kindle; to inflame; to excite.
cauterize, wildfire, inferno, beloved, catch fire, impulse, fit, blaze, irrupt, rush, drain, outburst, flak, flash, burn up, flicker, digital signature, flare out, cross-post, sweet, ardor, copy in, flack, scorch, set fire to, char, surge, kindle, brand, spontaneous combustion, girlfriend, sweetie, flaming, darling, attach, cremate, gleam, boyfriend, blind copy, fervor, beau, blast, set on fire, ignite, flare up, hot, flush, truelove, flood, break open, sweetie pie, attachment, incinerate, dot, glare, ardour, consume, go up, spasm, fervour, spurt, erupt, burn, attack, lover, ignition, glow, love, dear, bounce, burst out, hon, firestorm, singe, firing, spark, combustion, address, fervency, color up, honey, conflagration, fervidness, twinge, catch, flame up, squeeze, blush, color, ASCII art, blaze up
light source (part of speech: noun)
moon, oil lamp, arc lamp, pilot light, light bulb, taper, incandescent light, headlight, desk light, klieg light, moonbeam, jack-o'-lantern, lantern, light, sun, star, lamp, floodlight, tungsten lamp, torch, illuminator, beacon, table lamp, candle, flare, fire, street lamp, mercury-vapor lamp, spotlight, fluorescent light, floor lamp, neon light, flashlight, searchlight
- That burst into flame. - "Long Ago, Far Away", William Fitzgerald Jenkins AKA Murray Leinster.
- The flame vanished and stars shone all around. - "Legacy", James H Schmitz.
- On his bed he beheld what looked like a flame of fire, but upon going closer he found that it was a beautiful woman fast asleep. - "Philippine Folk Tales", Mabel Cook Cole.