Definition of flatness:
- Depression of tone; the state of being below the true pitch; - opposed to sharpness or acuteness.
- Eveness of surface; want of relief or prominence; the state of being plane or level.
- The quality or state of being flat.
- Want of variety or flavor; dullness; insipidity.
- Want of vivacity or spirit; prostration; dejection; depression.
slackness, jejuneness, dreaminess, asepticism, colorlessness, languor, lifelessness, drabness, sputum, matting, impassiveness, weariness, matte, mat, lethargy, emotionlessness, stolidity, sluggishness, phlegm, gym mat, two-dimensionality, impassivity, inanition, planeness, sterility, lusterlessness, indifference, dreariness, lassitude, stodginess, flavorlessness, insipidness, vapidness, dryness, matt, listlessness, unemotionality, excite, sterileness, lustrelessness.
- horizontality (part of speech: noun)
- flatness (part of speech: noun)
- non-resonance (part of speech: noun)
- prairie (part of speech: noun)
- tastelessness (part of speech: noun)
- "The Maids of Paradise", Robert W. (Robert William) Chambers.
- "Prose Idylls", Charles Kingsley.
- "The Garden Of Allah", Robert Hichens.