Definition of flattering:
delightful, life-affirming, appealing, complimentary, cheerful, adulatory, eye-catching, joyful, pleasing, knockout, heartwarming, uplifting, stunning, lovely, exhilarating, favorable, nice-looking, attractive, glowingly, satisfying, becoming, captivating, ingratiating, beautiful, joyous, fulsome, adorable, ingratiatory, glowing, congratulatory, beguiling, good, unduly favorable.
- flattering (part of speech: verb)
- praising (part of speech: verb)
- imitating (part of speech: verb)
- "One Woman's Life", Robert Herrick.
- "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.
- "Mr. Isaacs", F. Marion Crawford.