Definition of flavor:
- That quality of anything which affects the smell; odor; fragrances; as, the flavor of a rose.
- That quality of anything which affects the taste; that quality which gratifies the palate; relish; zest; savor; as, the flavor of food or drink.
- That quality which gives character to any of the productions of literature or the fine arts.
- That which imparts to anything a peculiar odor or taste, gratifying to the sense of smell, or the nicer perceptions of the palate; a substance which flavors.
- To give flavor to; to add something ( as salt or a spice) to, to give character or zest.
mood, sapidity, condiment, mode, seasoner, feeling, touch sensation, philosophy, rage, ton, tone, last word, smack, karma, chilliness, musical note, pinch, pure tone, tactual sensation, smacking, aesthetic, shade, tang, whole tone, butchery, flavour, butter, sensation, sea tangle, bite, facial expression, ideal, tone of voice, carve, legend, body, commitment, format, serrated wrack, atmosphere, nature, flavoring, essence, idea, effect, odor, bake, looking at, thunder, olfactory sensation, tint, timbre, intent, coolness, style, scent, sapor, vibration, purport, scag, craze, bone, shot, savor, aftertaste, harden, intuitive feeling, emotional state, sense of smell, impression, nose drops, olfactory modality, thought, composition, air, nimbus, sprightliness, smooch, halo, tincture, aroma, notion, spirit, tactile property, latest, smelling, odour, relish, go, expression, fashion, enthusiasm, tanginess, chill, texture, zestfulness, looking, sea tang, piquantness, chic, timber, look, principle, big H, ambience, note, sapidness, beat, olfactory perception, belief, buzz, component, liveliness, dernier cri, facet, wallop, bladderwrack, blend, season, spice, tactile sensation, vogue, hot ticket, life, savour, climate, zest, hell dust, mollify, faith, gusto, theory, concept, bladder fucus, tonus, trend, olfaction, factor, opinion, piquancy, aspect, skag, step, touch, blanch, smell, black rockweed, olfactory property, butcher, patina, feel, draftsmanship, temper, cherub, slap, heart, disembodied spirit, tonicity, whole step, homage, piquance, character, commission, seasoning, face.
- flavor (part of speech: noun)
- specialty (part of speech: noun)
- "Light On The Path and Through the Gates of Gold", Mabel Collins.
- "Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (1918)", C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss.
- "The Complete Book of Cheese", Robert Carlton Brown.