Definition of flexure:
- A turn; a bend; a fold; a curve.
- The act of flexing or bending; a turning or curving; flexion; hence, obsequious bowing or bending.
- The last joint, or bend, of the wing of a bird.
- The small distortion of an astronomical instrument caused by the weight of its parts; the amount to be added or substracted from the observed readings of the instrument to correct them for this distortion.
crook, wrinkle, curve, bending, flection, plication, bend dexter, sheepfold, pleating, flexion, pliantness, bounce, crinkle, sheepcote, inflection, malleableness, flexible, pliableness, twist, resilience, pliancy, pliability, kris, flexibility, sheep pen, ductility, flexibleness, bend, fold, crease, line, creese, folding, give, malleability, suppleness, plasticity, springiness, faithful, crimper, furrow, flock, congregation, spring, resiliency, crimp, turn, plica, seam, elasticity.
The two thigh bones were in a perfect state, also the right humerus and radius; the upper third of the right ulna; the left ulna complete, though pathologically deformed, the coronoid process being so much enlarged by bony growth that flexure of the elbow beyond a right angle was impossible; the left humerus is much slenderer than the right, and the upper third is wanting.- "A Manual of the Antiquity of Man", J. P. MacLean.
- "The Birth-Time of the World and Other Scientific Essays", J. (John) Joly.
- "Autobiography of Sir George Biddell Airy", George Biddell Airy.