Definition of flightiness:
capriciousness, dizziness, mischievousness, irresponsibility, levity, eccentricity, arbitrariness, whimsy, mercurialness, notion, whimsey, frivolity, lightheadedness, unpredictability, instability, variability, puckishness, impishness, whimsicality.
- caprice (part of speech: noun)
- motivelessness (part of speech: noun)
- fickleness (part of speech: noun)
- "Watersprings", Arthur Christopher Benson.
- "From-Twice-Told-Tales", Hawthorne, Nathaniel.
He loved me- really, really, really; and I had sat and weighed him with a lot of men who were nothing more than amused by my flightiness, or taken with my beauty, and who wouldn't have known such love if it were shown to them through a telescope.- "The Melting of Molly", Maria Thompson Daviess.