Definition of floor:
- A horizontal, flat ore body.
- A story of a building. See Story.
- That part of the bottom of a vessel on each side of the keelson which is most nearly horizontal.
- The bottom or lower part of any room; the part upon which we stand and upon which the movables in the room are supported.
- The part of the house assigned to the members.
- The right to speak.
- The rock underlying a stratified or nearly horizontal deposit.
- The structure formed of beams, girders, etc., with proper covering, which divides a building horizontally into stories. in sense 1 is, then, the upper surface of floor in sense 2.
- The surface, or the platform, of a structure on which we walk or travel; as, the floor of a bridge.
- To cover with a floor; to furnish with a floor; as, to floor a house with pine boards.
- To finish or make an end of; as, to floor a college examination.
- To strike down or lay level with the floor; to knock down; hence, to silence by a conclusive answer or retort; as, to floor an opponent.
bed, account, linoleum, nucleotide, moviegoer, continental shelf, foundation, balcony, stun, dance floor, stand, full house, chronicle, excite, paint, throw, level, strike down, flash mob, lay out, storey, narration, dissolution, fundament, downstairs, bring down, understructure, tier, bay, cut down, upstairs, bedeck, box in, parliament, narrative, maypole, body, alkali, paper, catacombs, restraint, mosh pit, ground floor, crust, astonish, push down, car-pool, taradiddle, aquifer, blast, prime, foot, bear, appal, knock-down, take down, chamber, underprice, bearish, flabbergast, tarradiddle, fib, fell, radix, strip club, ceiling, scandalize, ditch, captive audience, basement, lower ground floor, al-Qaida, addition, down, point, boggle, degree, home, back up, plunge, rug, cellar, bondholder, news report, the first floor, dissolve, base of operations, house, root, blow out of the water, box office, disco, trading floor, dance hall, confines, mezzanine, bypass, broker-dealer, attic, take aback, write up, buckle up, bid, pull down, parliamentarian, carpet, stratum, whitewash, bear market, the gate, limit, alcove, layer, carve up, carry, shock, lay, adorn, flatten, bag, stem, pedestal, traumatise, substructure, cornerstone, render, do up, diet, spirit level, geography, dumbfound, geological, bull market, fault, nightclub, amaze, prostrate, traumatize, punch someone's lights out, beading, grade, range, beautify, infrastructure, scandalise, brickwork, faultline, al-Qaeda, coldcock, offend, drop, limitation, radical, wallpaper, bedight, stagger, horizontal surface, report, block in, control, tale, knock, shake up, restriction, loft, embellish, constraint, outrage, landing, theme, base, ball over, boundary, astound, grace, bowl over, bid price, al-Qa'ida, constituency, the Dail, continental drift, bull, groundwork, change down, story, deck, garret, spring a surprise, flooring, history, audience, gallery, geology, decorate, dump, rise, bus, appall, parterre, redecorate, flat, basis, do over, root word, club, concertgoer, bullish, surprise, check, lower house, nightspot, strip joint.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Grace Harlowe's Golden Summer", Jessie Graham Flower.
- "Philippine Folk-Tales", Clara Kern Bayliss, Berton L. Maxfield, W. H. Millington, Fletcher Gardner, Laura Watson Benedict.