Definition of flop:
- Act of flopping.
- To clap or strike, as a bird its wings, a fish its tail, etc.; to flap.
- To fall, sink, or throw one's self, heavily, clumsily, and unexpectedly on the ground.
- To strike about with something broad abd flat, as a fish with its tail, or a bird with its wings; to rise and fall; as, the brim of a hat flops.
- To turn suddenly, as something broad and flat.
sibilation, wave, properly, prostration, clinker, right on, hang, clangor, frost, hang out, bummer, justly, shake, mighty, tear, decent, drop, lay, wobble, bunk, flitter, powerful, shipwreck, awareness, sag, hissing, clip-clop, floating-point operation, cuddle up, mightily, teeter, fall in, fizzle, plunk, clack, hunker down, give, give way, dangle, bust, hushing, slouch, choke, break, thrive, repetition, clash, dud, bout, turn in, totter, the right way, clink, languish, binge, misfire, clatter, wilt, hiss, bounce, bed, miscarry, wash, founder, female chest, chink, disaster, in good order, rise, bed down, slump, crash, backfire, aright, decently, bump, tumble, correctly, droop, bomb, flutter, miss, fall flat, plop, sling, suspend, cascade, cave in, down, flap, collapse, curl up, retire, clunker, fall through, loll, right, waggle, string, washout, plump, catastrophe, fall down, lop, beat.
- fail (part of speech: verb)
- inferior (part of speech: noun)
- failure (part of speech: noun)
- "A Tale of Two Cities A Story of the French Revolution", Charles Dickens.
- "The Auto Boys' Mystery", James A. Braden.
- "Last Words", Stephen Crane.