Definition of flour :
1. The finely ground meal of wheat, or of any other grain; especially, the finer part of meal separated by bolting; hence, the fine and soft powder of any substance; as, flour of emery; flour of mustard.
2. To grind and bolt; to convert into flour; as, to flour wheat.
3. To sprinkle with flour.
bread (part of speech: noun)
griddlecake, pumpernickel, banana bread, toast, white bread, tortilla, bun, whole wheat bread, crumb, waffle, crust, loaf, bagel, rye bread, breakfast roll, dumpling, flapjack, corn bread, raisin bread, bread stick, pancake, biscuit, brown bread, baguette, croutons, hard roll, bread, rusk, scone, yeast, pita bread, taco, dough, croissant, sliced bread, muffin, cracker, sweet roll, whole grain bread, roll, sweet bun, zwieback, donut
meal (part of speech: noun)
grit, bran, breadstuff, barley meal, buckwheat flour, patent flour, gluten, semolina, farina, graham flour, rye flour, oatmeal, pulp, potato flour, shorts, cake flour, white flour, rolled oats, wheat germ, soy flour, pancake flour, wheat flour, powder, unbleached flour, cornmeal, starch, middlings, bleached flour, whole wheat flour, soybean flour
- Flour the fruit and add it last. - "Ontario Teachers' Manuals: Household Management", Ministry of Education.
- When from four days to four weeks old, feed four parts wheat- bran; one part corn- meal; one part low- grade flour; three per cent. - "Natural and Artificial Duck Culture", James Rankin.
- The advantage of flour as a remedy, is this, that it is always at hand. - "Advice to a Mother on the Management of her Children", Pye Henry Chavasse.