Definition of flowering :
1. Having conspicuous flowers; - used as an epithet with many names of plants; as, flowering ash; flowering dogwood; flowering almond, etc.
2. of Flower
3. The act of adorning with flowers.
4. The act of blossoming, or the season when plants blossom; florification.
breakthrough, efflorescence, peak, aquatic, roselike, unfolding, lilylike, prime, skin rash, glory days, orchidlike, biennial, efflorescent, rash, bushy, pinnacle, roseola, golden age, someone's day in the sun, aromatic, florescence, arboreal, heyday, comeback, anthesis, abloom, blossoming, creeping, mature, flush, pealike, bare, barren, androgynous, algal, flowerlike, inflorescence, flowery, bloom, blossomy, blossom, blooming, petallike, high tide, flower, bloomy
- The nest was a deep compact cup, externally composed of fine twigs, scraps of roots, and stems of herbaceous plants, intermingled with a great deal of flowering grass. - "The Nests and Eggs of Indian Birds, Volume 1", Allan O. Hume.
- That very night while Cornelius and Rosa rejoiced as lovers- for now even Rosa was convinced of the prisoner's love for her- over the happiness of the flowering tulip, Boxtel crept into her room, and carried off the black tulip to Haarlem. - "The World's Greatest Books, Vol III", Arthur Mee and J.A. Hammerton, Eds..
- Then we made our way through the gates into what appeared to be a lovely garden or park with gravelled walks, flowering shrubs, and large shade trees. - "Abroad with the Jimmies", Lilian Bell.