Definition of fluctuate:
- To cause to move as a wave; to put in motion.
- To move as a wave; to roll hither and thither; to wave; to float backward and forward, as on waves; as, a fluctuating field of air.
- To move now in one direction and now in another; to be wavering or unsteady; to be irresolute or undetermined; to vacillate.
- change (part of speech: verb)
- oscillate (part of speech: verb)
It does not seem possible to decide this question by any abstract reasoning: if the capital supplied by each partner is equal, all difficulty will be removed; if otherwise, the proportion must be left to find its level, and will be discovered by experience; and it is probable that it will not fluctuate much.- "On the Economy of Machinery and Manufactures", Charles Babbage.
- "Linda Condon", Joseph Hergesheimer.
- "Nature Mysticism", J. Edward Mercer.