Definition of fluctuating:
- fickle (part of speech: adjective)
- changing (part of speech: verb)
- irregular (part of speech: adjective)
oscillating (part of speech: verb)
- capricious (part of speech: adjective)
They are so; but the difference between us is, that without reference to either term, I have attempted to ascertain the existence and diversity of two states of moral being; and then having found in our language two words of very fluctuating and indeterminate use, indeed, but the one word more frequently bordering on the one state, the other on the other, I try to fix each to that state exclusively.- "Literary Remains, Vol. 2", Coleridge.
- "British Supremacy & Canadian Self-Government 1839-1854", J. L. Morison.
- "God's Good Man", Marie Corelli.