Definition of fluctuation:
- A motion like that of waves; a moving in this and that direction; as, the fluctuations of the sea.
- A wavering; unsteadiness; as, fluctuations of opinion; fluctuations of prices.
- The motion or undulation of a fluid collected in a natural or artifical cavity, which is felt when it is subjected to pressure or percussion.
- changes (part of speech: noun)
- caprice (part of speech: noun)
- fickleness (part of speech: noun)
- irregularity (part of speech: noun)
- oscillation (part of speech: noun)
Forbes had indicated that the most urgent need was for automatic registration of wind data, as the erratic fluctuation of the wind demanded more frequent observation than any manual system could accomplish.- "The Introduction of Self-Registering Meteorological Instruments", Robert P. Multhauf.
- "Herbert Carter's Legacy", Horatio Alger.
- "The Glands Regulating Personality", Louis Berman, M.D..