Definition of fluent:
- A current of water; a stream.
- A variable quantity, considered as increasing or diminishing; - called, in the modern calculus, the function or integral.
- Flowing or capable of flowing; liquid; glodding; easily moving.
- Ready in the use of words; voluble; copious; having words at command; and uttering them with facility and smoothness; as, a fluent speaker; hence, flowing; voluble; smooth; - said of language; as, fluent speech.
legato, liquified, still, melted, lithe, politic, runny, silverish, cheap, silver-tongued, effusive, disputatious, encode, swimming, downhill, bantering, tranquil, gibbering, cogent, peruse, illegible, read out, clamorous, hands-down, unruffled, verbose, Anglo, colloquial, balletic, silver, fluency, anglophone, devour, brokenly, suave, feline, chatty, study, mobile, voluble, eloquent, ready, halting, economical, copious, liquid, persuasive, soft, honeyed, painless, quiet, code switching, bland, discursive, fidelity, mellifluous, talkative, placid, flowing, inarticulate, flatly, light, fluid, circuitous, read, stammering, style, garrulous, false beginner, vocal, diffuse, imperative, argumentative, silvern, argent, crisp, silvery, supple, snap, gentle, declamatory, conversational, flat, legible, tongue-tied, limpid, dainty, definite, royal, unstable, clean, communicative competence, bilingual, graceful, articulate, smooth-spoken, facile, wordy, smooth.
- "Kildares of Storm", Eleanor Mercein Kelly.
- "The Portland Sketch Book", Various.
- "Countess Erika's Apprenticeship", Ossip Schubin.