Definition of flyer:
- A small operation not involving ? considerable part of one's capital, or not in the line of one's ordinary business; a venture.
- Anything that is scattered abroad in great numbers as a theatrical programme, an advertising leaf, etc.
- One in a flight of steps which are parallel to each other( as in ordinary stairs), as distinguished from a winder.
- One that uses wings.
- The fan wheel that rotates the cap of a windmill as the wind veers.
- The fly of a flag: See Fly, n., 6.
- The pair of arms attached to the spindle of a spinning frame, over which the thread passes to the bobbin; - so called from their swift revolution. See Fly, n., 11.
measure, street arab, aviator, placard, banker's bill, airman, philippic, card, bank bill, folder, tirade, broadsheet, throwaway, beak, notice, broadside, government note, greenback, vizor, gamin, visor, eyeshade, nib, peak, circular, leaflet, pecker, invoice, booklet, bank note, handbill, aeronaut, flier, neb, account, banknote, posting, billhook, brochure, note, bill, poster.
- "A Minstrel In France", Harry Lauder.
- "Giants on the Earth", Sterner St. Paul Meek.
- "Sundown Slim", Henry Hubert Knibbs.