Definition of folio:
- A book made of sheets of paper each folded once ( four pages to the sheet); hence, a book of the largest kind. See Note under Paper.
- A leaf containing a certain number of words, hence, a certain number of words in a writing, as in England, in law proceedings 72, and in chancery, 90; in New York, 100 words.
- A leaf of a book or manuscript.
- A page of a book; ( Bookkeeping) a page in an account book; sometimes, two opposite pages bearing the same serial number.
- A sheet of paper once folded.
- The page number. The even folios are on the left- hand pages and the odd folios on the right- hand.
paging, blook, foliage, page number, bestseller, carbon, clipboard, binder, atlas, blotting paper, authority, pagination, carbon paper, acetate, leafage, correction fluid, card, annual, anthology, autobiography, almanac, blotter, bible, leaf, business card, biography.
- book (part of speech: noun)
- case (part of speech: noun)
- "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright", Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke.
- "Curiosities of Literature, Vol. 3 (of 3)", Isaac Disraeli.
- "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.