Definition of folks :
1. In Anglo- Saxon times, the people of a group of townships or villages; a community; a tribe.
2. People in general, or a separate class of people; - generally used in the plural form, and often with a qualifying adjective; as, the old folks; poor folks.
3. The persons of one's own family; as, our folks are all well.
- He had an easy explanation for it, and spoke of it very lightly, remarking that all he had to do was to think of himself first " an' de white folks nex'." - "A Little Union Scout", Joel Chandler Harris.
- He came to let folks know he was gone. - "Fated to Be Free", Jean Ingelow.
- " Well, now I'll go home to the folks," I said, " and see if they will forgive me." - "Forty Years a Gambler on the Mississippi", George H. Devol.