Definition of follow:
- The art or process of following; specif., in some games, as billiards, a stroke causing a ball to follow another ball after hitting it. Also used adjectively; as, follow shot.
- To accept as authority; to adopt the opinions of; to obey; to yield to; to take as a rule of action; as, to follow good advice.
- To copy after; to take as an example.
- To endeavor to overtake; to go in pursuit of; to chase; to pursue; to prosecute.
- To go or come after; - used in the various senses of the transitive verb: To pursue; to attend; to accompany; to be a result; to imitate.
- To go or come after; to move behind in the same path or direction; hence, to go with ( a leader, guide, etc.); to accompany; to attend.
- To result from, as an effect from a cause, or an inference from a premise.
- To succeed in order of time, rank, or office.
- To walk in, as a road or course; to attend upon closely, as a profession or calling.
- To watch, as a receding object; to keep the eyes fixed upon while in motion; to keep the mind upon while in progress, as a speech, musical performance, etc.; also, to keep up with; to understand the meaning, connection, or force of, as of a course of thought or argument.
attend to, go with, look out, win, copy, watch, anthropomorphic, celebrate, wander, dramatic irony, shadow, hold fast, apprehend, cover, match, cross, stride, supplant, travel, listen in, bathos, flow, get along, make out, fit, survey, hound, follow in someone's footsteps, keep an eye on, characterization, navigate, retrace, look on, total, drop out, start on, live out your life, deliver the goods, act on, stand over, spy on, sustain, allegory, adopt, come after, engage, concern yourself, manage, learn, stroll, discover, keep, same, heed, imitate, embody, get, number, lead, observe, come in, come with, maintain, saunter, recognize, sense, dialog, comply, see, stick with, string along, perambulate, concentrate, grow out of, step, notice, bond, afterthought, profess, go without, appraise, proceed, keep up, establish, go on, (hard/hot/close) on the heels of, amble, postdate, follow up on, personify, support, keep company, strain your eyes/ears, have a feel for something, meet, understand, go along, hone in on, determine, go, end in, travel along, time, describe, exist, regard, sit up and take notice, be/feel called to do something, twig, dig, focus, ...only to do something, pass, walk, fall, prosecute, arrive, goose-step, derive, bring home the bacon, ken, take on, add up, tag, mention, come out of, forge ahead, room, deus ex machina, read, espouse, mind, amount, company, line, get religion, bind, device, go over, get around to, come to pass, constitute, detect, conform, come out, live on, supervene, mimic, come, accord, set about, preserve, note, cut, conserve, adhere to, zero in on, carry out, reflect, play along, take, trace, take over, find out, do likewise, take your cue from someone, review, dramatise, serve, peregrinate, equal, emulate, follow up, companion, turn out, dive in, catch, keep to, alternate, culminate in, keep abreast, pursue, go after, disregard, take note, find, trek, sweep up, go to, adhere, honour, take after, practice, know, conform to, do, marry, accompany, hail, stray, live by, comprise, fathom, conjoin, abide by, head, go behind, pay attention, conceive, keep (a) watch, grasp, unfold, hap, flow from, come through, borrow, dramatize, come about, remark, Be, take notice, mirror, precede, watch for, bird-dog, savvy, make sense of something, surveil, wed, accept, acquire, represent, run, believe, delineate, draw, watch over, pattern, prolong, hear from, view, press, start, replace, follow/watch someone's every move, get the idea, hike, fare, follow the crowd/go with the crowd, continue, listen, get married, attend, eye, model, add up to, stick, live, respect, decipher, hear out, read someone's lips, see the light, work out, hang on someone's every word, practise, succeed, embrace, transit, honor, fall out, harmonize, comprehend, assume, pass off, be on the lookout for, watch out, turn to, quest for, ascertain, quest after, take place, move, walk on, eavesdrop, cause, issue forth, check, carry on, begin, dialogue, take in, make up, neglect, stick to, attach to, follow around, obey, compass, get hitched with, fall/fit into place, hook up with, course, cost, come up, get down to, deduce, take up, follow on from.
- follow (part of speech: verb)
- ensue (part of speech: verb)
- occur (part of speech: verb)
- pursue (part of speech: verb)
- sequence (part of speech: verb)
- "From Sand Hill to Pine", Bret Harte.
- "The Auto Boys' Mystery", James A. Braden.
- "Mary Minds Her Business", George Weston.