Definition of follow :
1. The art or process of following; specif., in some games, as billiards, a stroke causing a ball to follow another ball after hitting it. Also used adjectively; as, follow shot.
2. To accept as authority; to adopt the opinions of; to obey; to yield to; to take as a rule of action; as, to follow good advice.
3. To copy after; to take as an example.
4. To endeavor to overtake; to go in pursuit of; to chase; to pursue; to prosecute.
5. To go or come after; - used in the various senses of the transitive verb: To pursue; to attend; to accompany; to be a result; to imitate.
6. To go or come after; to move behind in the same path or direction; hence, to go with ( a leader, guide, etc.); to accompany; to attend.
7. To result from, as an effect from a cause, or an inference from a premise.
8. To succeed in order of time, rank, or office.
9. To walk in, as a road or course; to attend upon closely, as a profession or calling.
10. To watch, as a receding object; to keep the eyes fixed upon while in motion; to keep the mind upon while in progress, as a speech, musical performance, etc.; also, to keep up with; to understand the meaning, connection, or force of, as of a course of thought or argument.
come through, dive in, prolong, check, stroll, eye, tag, recognize, assume, turn out, follow up, navigate, get religion, go, sense, concentrate, go without, listen in, come up, constitute, marry, adopt, fit, conjoin, bird-dog, maintain, come, prosecute, know, notice, find, celebrate, decipher, support, preserve, read, disregard, adhere, travel along, accept, manage, follow the crowd/go with the crowd, get married, find out, establish, dramatize, hike, trace, hang on someone's every word, compass, follow/watch someone's every move, walk on, take notice, hone in on, total, attend to, honour, companion, add up, come about, neglect, keep abreast, come out, see, bathos, come out of, be/feel called to do something, amble, understand, postdate, bind, come to pass, deus ex machina, do, keep, make sense of something, live on, culminate in, abide by, flow from, embrace, win, remark, take place, get around to, regard, stride, observe, reflect, follow in someone's footsteps, get the idea, keep to, start on, harmonize, pass, pay attention, stick with, surveil, Be, be on the lookout for, acquire, stand over, take, draw, hap, device, proceed, hear from, ken, cover, take up, issue forth, focus, bond, deduce, step, keep company, live out your life, model, twig, dramatic irony, cost, room, catch, turn to, bring home the bacon, quest for, retrace, act on, follow up on, add up to, apprehend, concern yourself, move, set about, work out, practice, represent, mirror, live by, watch for, strain your eyes/ears, go on, equal, match, line, copy, dialog, attach to, make up, get along, go with, exist, fall/fit into place, derive, sweep up, run, shadow, accord, get hitched with, survey, practise, lead, conform to, spy on, come in, allegory, hold fast, describe, view, amount, quest after, arrive, mind, hound, appraise, espouse, discover, go after, mimic, eavesdrop, comply, obey, drop out, attend, keep (a) watch, learn, look on, go over, review, take over, number, course, grow out of, hail, wander, embody, go along, cross, travel, precede, fall, go behind, respect, come with, make out, start, keep up, read someone's lips, alternate, look out, profess, continue, engage, carry on, stick to, unfold, sustain, imitate, conceive, head, walk, string along, (hard/hot/close) on the heels of, accompany, take after, flow, watch, hear out, dialogue, begin, borrow, watch out, characterization, emulate, transit, supplant, comprise, determine, stray, time, do likewise, cause, take on, pattern, come after, honor, dig, forge ahead, goose-step, serve, get down to, saunter, perambulate, take your cue from someone, have a feel for something, trek, ...only to do something, conserve, afterthought, pass off, replace, stick, press, detect, savvy, adhere to, watch over, deliver the goods, mention, zero in on, listen, peregrinate, sit up and take notice, same, grasp, take note, believe, personify, fall out, keep an eye on, ascertain, go to, note, carry out, meet, comprehend, delineate, supervene, live, cut, company, get, dramatise, play along, hook up with, take in, follow on from, anthropomorphic, follow around, wed, conform, fare, fathom, see the light, heed, end in
follow (part of speech: verb)
ensue (part of speech: verb)
occur (part of speech: verb)
pursue (part of speech: verb)
sequence (part of speech: verb)
- His only hope was to follow them- but how? - "From Sand Hill to Pine", Bret Harte.
- If your friend is lost and should remember that, he could follow either one of them and not come out wrong. - "The Auto Boys' Mystery", James A. Braden.
- Will you please follow me? - "Mary Minds Her Business", George Weston.