Definition of follower:
- A gland. See Illust. of Stuffing box.
- A sweetheart; a beau.
- Among law stationers, a sheet of parchment or paper which is added to the first sheet of an indenture or other deed.
- One who follows; a pursuer; an attendant; a disciple; a dependent associate; a retainer.
- The part of a machine that receives motion from another part. See Driver.
- The removable flange, or cover, of a piston. See Illust. of Piston.
friend, admirer, colleague, imitator, pupil, ally, fan, vassal, yes man, fanatic, companion, wannabe, true believer, over, cohort, apostle, man, administrative assistant, promoter, sympathizer, ideologue, aper, convert, coadjutor, participant, upholder, adherent, aid, member, liege man, partisan, copyist, votarist, zealot, sponsor, groupie, participator, advance person, witness, advocate, evangelist, proselyte, supporter, echo, precede, proponent, disciple, satellite, lover, confederate, devotee, votary, rubber stamp, copycat, patron, enthusiast, sectary, believer, worshiper, epigone, abetter _or_ abettor, recruit, lackey, supporter, disciple, partisan, exponent, hanger-on, aficionado, satellite, retainer, seconder.
assistant (part of speech: noun)
- follower (part of speech: noun)
Every moment or so she turned in the saddle suddenly in the hope of getting a glimpse of the follower, but even when she surveyed the entire stretch of country from the crest of a low hill, she saw nothing- not the least sign of life.- "Riders of the Silences", Max Brand.
- "Quiet Talks on Service", S. D. Gordon.
I can lay hands on a score or two or more of our old comrades here in Glasgow, and I doubt not that they will all strike a blow with me for Leslie's son, to say nothing of his being a follower of the Stuarts.- "Bonnie Prince Charlie A Tale of Fontenoy and Culloden", G. A. Henty.