Definition of food:
- Anything that instructs the intellect, excites the feelings, or molds habits of character; that which nourishes.
- To supply with food.
- What is fed upon; that which goes to support life by being received within, and assimilated by, the organism of an animal or a plant; nutriment; aliment; especially, what is eaten by animals for nourishment.
entree, comfort food, salad, vittles, soul food, subsistence, chow, care for, nutrition, starches, forage, cake, refreshment, milk, comestibles, cheese, nourishment, pap, jam, solid food, fast food, fibers, edibles, chow, iron, pastry, provision, victuals, edible, esculent, spice, oils, flavoring, foodstuffs, candy, menu, food for thought, nut, junk food, health food, pabulum, eats, victual, sugars, fowl, intellectual nourishment, cooking, nutrient, nurture, soup, salts, provisions, fats, sauce, comestible, rations, carbohydrates, butter, minerals, dessert, protein, stew, ration, aliment, meat and drink, fish, meals, haute cuisine, proteids, egg, oil, pudding, table, meal For food in the menu, vitamins, diet, mess, eats, larder, jelly, viands, stores, delicatessen, cookery, regimen, provender, fodder, fruit.
- "Second Shetland Truck System Report", William Guthrie.
- "The Great Hunger", Johan Bojer.
- "Umboo, the Elephant", Howard R. Garis.