Definition of foolish:
- Absurd; ridiculous; despicable; contemptible.
- Marked with, or exhibiting, folly; void of understanding; weak in intellect; without judgment or discretion; silly; unwise.
- Such as a fool would do; proceeding from weakness of mind or silliness; exhibiting a want of judgment or discretion; as, a foolish act.
dopey, insensate, weak-minded, anomalous, goofy, absurd, whacky, monstrous, cockamamie, mistaken, derisory, jerky, inane, ludicrous, erroneous, ridiculous, study at absurd, stupid, choppy, vacuous, dippy, ill-conceived, incorrect, loopy, ability, insane, ill-judged, goosey, witless, fond, scatty, ill-considered, false, cockamamy, asinine, harebrained, wacky, unreasonable, laughable, rattlepated, knowledge, mindless, planned, gooselike, sappy, chimerical, anserine, anserine, fool, tomfool, fatuous, cockeyed, misguided, zany, unearthly, mad, scatterbrained, rattlebrained, dopy, infatuated, silly, balmy, arrhythmic, wild, inconclusive, unwise, goosy, lunatic, nonsensical, softheaded, preposterous, ill-advised, jerking.
foolish (part of speech: adjective)
absurd (part of speech: adjective)
- ignorant (part of speech: adjective)
- ridiculous (part of speech: adjective)
- unintellectual (part of speech: adjective)
Don't be foolish, Rotha.- "A Letter of Credit", Susan Warner.
- "Hugh Wynne, Free Quaker", S. Weir Mitchell.
- "The Associate Hermits", Frank R. Stockton.