Definition of football :
1. An inflated ball to be kicked in sport, usually made in India rubber, or a bladder incased in Leather.
2. The game of kicking the football by opposing parties of players between goals.
ball (part of speech: noun)
sport (part of speech: noun)
basketball, discus, curling, pool, bowling, badminton, hockey, wrestling, rugby, ping-pong, shinny, volleyball, croquet, lacrosse, boxing, fencing, softball, polo, soccer, cricket, skating, archery, sharpshooting, snooker, table tennis, water polo, tennis, baseball, shot-put, squash, golf, handball
- " By the way, how is your football team coming on? - "Paul and the Printing Press", Sara Ware Bassett.
- It's remarkable what a lot of extremely hard work a boy will go through if he likes football, and what a deal of pleasure he will get out of it! - "Left Tackle Thayer", Ralph Henry Barbour.
- We've had football since, and now-" " Wait a minute! - "The Depot Master", Joseph C. Lincoln.