Definition of foreign:
- Held at a distance; excluded; exiled.
- Not native or belonging to a certain country; born in or belonging to another country, nation, sovereignty, or locality; as, a foreign language; foreign fruits.
- Outside; extraneous; separated; alien; as, a foreign country; a foreign government.
- Remote; distant; strange; not belonging; not connected; not pertaining or pertient; not appropriate; not harmonious; not agreeable; not congenial; - with to or from; as, foreign to the purpose; foreign to one's nature.
extrinsic, unaccustomed, distant, cross-contamination, far-off, nonnative, exotic, antipodal, carrier, immigrant, naturalized, supervenient, abroad, unlike, fester, nonresident, heterogeneous, different, foreign-born, defense mechanism, surreal, native, orthogonal, tramontane, adventitious, multinational, contagion, unsuitable, cross-infection, unknown, established, biosecurity, transnational, idiosyncratic, faraway, unreal, international, adulterant, contrasted, defense, contrary, candida, barbarian, domestic, barbaric, expatriate, national, unusual, funny, incongruous, extraneous, unfamiliar, overseas, borrowed, imported, unconnected, alien, weird, contradictory, inaccessible, adulterating, far, conflicting, gaijin, hostile, opposed, accidental, strange, eccentric, adventive, edgy, outside, unnaturalised, picturesque, local, unnaturalized, foreigner, antibody, external.
extraneous (part of speech: adjective)
- unrelated (part of speech: adjective)
- "Basil", Wilkie Collins.
- "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War", G. F. R. Henderson.
- "Lady Rose's Daughter", Mrs. Humphry Ward.