Definition of foresee:
predict, see, project, counter, picture, forefeel, visualize, image, forewarn, prediction, prevent, preclude, forbid, envision, premonition, presentiment, prevision, anticipate, call, prognosticate, fancy, forestall, foreknow, previse, forecast, promise, precognition, look for, divine, prophecy, foreclose, look to, visualise, foresight, figure.
- expect (part of speech: verb)
- predict (part of speech: verb)
- foresee (part of speech: verb)
- "Virgin Soil", Ivan S. Turgenev.
If I had only thought- ' 'Well, it's all right, and I don't blame you any more, for you are young and thoughtless, and of course you couldn't foresee what an effect- ' 'But oh, dear, I ought certainly to have known better.- "The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg and Other Stories", Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) Last Updated: February 18, 2009.
- "The Life and Letters of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Volume I (of 2)", Florence A. Thomas Marshall.